Welcome to our Community Health Improvement Plan (CHIP) section, dedicated to enhancing the well-being of our community. A community health improvement plan (CHIP) is a community-driven, long-term, systematic plan to address issues identified in the community health needs assessment (CHNA). The most recent CHNA for East Central can be found here.
Your involvement is crucial to the success of our Community Health Improvement Plan. Join us in promoting health and well-being:
- If you have additional resources or suggestions, we welcome your input. Share your thoughts with us.
- Join our meetings! In 2024, we will meet the 2nd Tuesday of each month from 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
For more information or inquiries about the Community Health Improvement Plan, please contact:
East Central District Health Department
4025627500 ext. 290
Explore the resources and initiatives below to support mental health, educational awareness, and overall health promotion.
At East Central District Health Department, we recognize the integral connection between mental health and overall well-being. Mental health is a vital component of a healthy lifestyle, affecting how we think, feel, and navigate daily challenges. Our commitment extends beyond traditional health measures, encompassing comprehensive support for mental wellness. We provide valuable resources such as hotlines, educational materials, and engaging videos to promote mental health awareness and understanding within our community.
Mental Health Hotlines
If you or someone you know needs immediate mental health support, consider reaching out to one of these hotlines:
Mental Health Educational Materials
Mental Health Educational Videos
Explore insightful videos on mental health from reputable sources:
- Mental Health Minute: Depression - YouTube
- I Can't Breathe - Mental Health Is Health Campaign | CAMH - YouTube
- Mental Health Minute: Stress and Anxiety in Adolescents - YouTube
- Mental Health Minute: Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder - YouTube
- GREAT: Helpful Practices to Manage Stress and Anxiety - YouTube
- I had a black dog, his name was depression - YouTube
Incorporate mindfulness into your daily routine with these exercises:
Maintain good oral health with helpful dental health promotion videos by the American Dental Association: