For information on COVID-19 vaccines, please visit our COVID-19 vaccine page here.
At ECDHD, our programs and services are designed to meet the varied needs of the diverse residents of our four-county service area. In creating and implementing these programs, ECDHD follows the 10 Essential Services as defined by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) guide to public health services in Nebraska at both the state and local level. The 10 Essential Services are:
- Monitor health status to identify and solve community health problems.
- Diagnose and investigate health problems and health hazards in the community.
- Inform, educate and empower people about health issues.
- Mobilize community partnerships and action to identify and solve health problems.
- Develop policies and plans that support individual and community health efforts.
- Enforce laws and regulations that protect health and ensure safety.
- Link people to needed personal health services, and ensure the provision of health care when otherwise unavailable.
- Assure a competent public and personal health care workforce.
- Evaluate effectiveness, accessibility and quality of personal and population-based health services.
- Research for new insights and innovative solutions to health problems.