Skip to main content

Women, Infants and Children (WIC)

Enrolling In WIC

Is My Family Eligible?

  • You must live in Nebraska. 
  • You do not have to be a U.S. citizen to apply. 
  • If you are on Medicaid, SNAP, or TANF you are income-eligible. If you don’t qualify for these programs, you may still qualify for WIC depending on the income of your household.
  • Individuals who receive benefits are pregnant, breastfeeding or postpartum women, infants, and children up to age five.
  • All foster children under age five are eligible for WIC.

How do I apply?

Step 1:  Find a WIC clinic near you.
Step 2:  Call to make an appointment.
Step 3:  Bring proof of identification, address and income to your WIC appointment.

1 Proof of Identity, 1 Proof of Residency, and 1 Proof of Income are required at each certification and re-certification appointment.

If one of these proofs are missing, then the appointment will need to be rescheduled and no benefits can be issued.

Examples of Proofs Required at Certifications

Proof of Identity Examples:

  • Birth Certificate
  • Valid Photo ID (driver’s license, passport, school ID)
  • Social Security Card
  • WIC Enrollment Card

Proof of Residency Examples:

  • Mail that has been postmarked within the last 30 days
  • Lease agreement
  • Online utility bill showing service address

Proof of Income Examples:

  • Medicaid Card
  • SNAP/EBT Card
  • Notice of Action
  • Pay stubs (one months worth) 

Income Guidelines (Effective May 15, 2023)