We are a qualifying employer for the Federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program. Learn more here.
- Looking for a job where you can really make a difference in people's lives?
- Passionate about helping people improve their health and quality of life?
- Seeking to help those in our communities who need you the most?
Medical Health Assistant
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- The medical health assistant performs a medically related role including preparing patients for examinations, taking medical histories, and assisting the nurses and providers during examinations, preparing exam rooms, cleaning exam rooms, assisting with sterilization procedures and other general office duties.
- The medical health assistant performs competency-based procedures including weight, blood pressure, temperature, respirations, and height. They may also assist with reproductive health procedures, and minor office surgical procedures.
- Staff should be familiar with, and able to demonstrate through competency, the standards of universal precautions, PPE use, and HIPPA standards of confidentiality.
- The medical health assistant is able to assume any or all of the general clerk duties, including: answering phones, ensuring the scheduling of appointments, greeting of patients, assisting with the scheduling of consultations, assisting with the processing of information, obtaining charts, review of chart organization and appointment preparation, review of visit for orders, consultations, follow up appointments, correct documentation, signatures and encounter completion.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Ideally will be trained internally from staff within GNCHC/ECDHD.
Willingness to achieve Basic Life Support certification within 3 months of employment.
Previous medical office experience preferred.
- Must have good beginning knowledge of the principles and practice standards of a medical office.
- Computer skills coupled with an ability to work with the public.
- Ability to speak, read and write Spanish as well as translate Spanish to English and English to Spanish.
- CNA or Medical Assistant certification preferred. Prefer individual with training as a certified medical interpreter.