ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Maintain general appearance of the waiting room (Columbus and satellite clinic sites) and work station ensuring that it is clean throughout the day.
- Effectively answers the telephone, routes phone calls correctly, and returns phone calls in a timely manner.
- Provide excellent customer service in a courteous, polite, and helpful manner.
- Accurately completes certification process according to WIC procedures.
- Effectively uses the computer scheduler for making WIC appointments.
- Accurately issues monthly WIC benefits.
- Effectively educates participants on proper use ofWIC food List and eWIC card.
- Completes reminder calls and texts daily for previously made appointments as well as for missed appointments, and records reminders on WIC share drive.
- Demonstrates knowledge and application of HIPAA standards in practice and document management.
- Interprets information for the Certified Professional Authority (nurse and/or dietitian).
- Performs other tasks as directed.
High School graduate is required. Some post high school education is preferred.
- Previous experience working with the public is helpful.
- Staff hired for the position will need to attend training.
- Ability to speak Spanish is preferred.
- Knowledge of breastfeeding is desirable.
- Work experience with WIC is preferred.