ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Processes and posts agency payroll accurately and timely.
2. Creates general ledger entries as appropriate to ensure proper record keeping. Ensures that necessary documentation is obtained and scanned to appropriate drives for audit purposes.
3. Completes payable tasks as assigned and ensures proper coding and documentation for audit purposes.
4. Organize and maintain documentation for auditing purposes.
5. Participates in annual and funder specific audit by providing supporting documentation as assigned.
6. Establish electronic funds transfers with eligible venders and funders to more efficiently pay expenses and receive funds.
7. Process checks and/or Electronic funds transfers as assigned.
8. Cross trains for selected areas to provide coverage and back up.
9. Participates in month end and year end procedures as appropriate.
10. Creates payroll and other state and federal reports as requested in timely and accurate manner.
11. Perform all other duties as assigned.
Associate’s degree in business, accounting or related field with three years experience in accounting required or
Bachelor Degree in business, accounting or related field.
- Understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and nonprofit accounting standards.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, including but not limited to Excel, word, outlook, and Abila/MIP or related software.
- Ability to work well with individuals of diverse socioeconomic, cultural, and intellectual backgrounds.
- Previous experience working in a hospital, clinic or physician’s office preferred.
- Previous experience with grant accounting and payroll preferred.
- Bi-lingual preferred.