Outreach and Enrollment Specialist
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Educate and inform individuals about the availability of the Marketplace Exchanges and the Nebraska Medicaid Program.
2. Assist and assess uninsured individuals for eligibility in the Marketplace Exchanges and the Nebraska Medicaid Program and assist them in completing the appropriate application.
3. Provide information to patients/clients about existing health insurance brokers and other health insurance resources as needed.
4. Provide education via community presentations and coordinate with other ECDHD/GNCHC programs and outside agencies to recruit potential enrollees.
5. Follow up with potential enrollees and applicants to ensure program enrollment.
6. Provide monthly reports regarding application and enrollment statistics.
7. Initiate contact with uninsured individuals through outreach activities to community agencies, community gatherings, neighborhoods and other appropriate venues.
8. Travel throughout the service area to provide outreach to community members.
9. Participate in required state and federal trainings related to the Marketplace Exchanges and Nebraska Medicaid Program.
10. Maintain confidentiality of client information and provide a supportive and understanding environment for all patient/client interactions.
11. Supervise Certified Application Counselors.
12. Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelors Degree preferred.
Previous experience working with Nebraska Medicaid.