ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Accounting Operations and Reporting
- Performs internal audits and provides a summary of results to the CFO.
- Works with the CFO to ensure compliance with federal and state regulations.
- Assists with the development, utilization, and assurance of adherence to ECDHD/GNCHC’s fiscal policies and procedures in particular. Recommends the development or revision of policies and procedures as needed.
- Works with relevant staff to prepare for the annual audit and for funding-source audits for grants/contracts.
- Oversees the activities of the fiscal department for the accurate and timely dissemination of financial management reports, including annual and grant budget progress reports and monthly financial reports for the Fiscal Committee and Board of Directors.
- Serves as a liaison between the fiscal department and other departments and develops financial tools to support managers’ needs.
- Monitors and reports benchmarks against the performance measures of ECDHD/GNCHC and advises the CFO on needed actions.
- Maintains fiscal tracking software, including regular maintenance, resolution of issues, user access, implementation of new modules, system documentation, and training of staff.
- Oversees monthly bank reconciliations as performed by the Staff Accountant and reports irregularities/discrepancies to the CFO.
- Oversees accurate billing and collections and manages the timely collection of outstanding receivables.
- Ensures accuracy of invoice coding for cost center(s) and/or grant(s) expenses and revenue. Provides training to accounting and all staff as appropriate.
General Budget and Grants Management
- Assists in pre-award activities including proposal preparation and budget development.
- In collaboration with Grants Accountant develops and maintains fiscal reporting tools to use with general budgeting, grant tracking, and cost center management to ensure utilization compliance processes are in place. This includes the monitoring and assurance that both revenue and expenses are tracked appropriately in accounting software systems for the purposes of transparent, timely, and accurate reporting.
- Works with individual program managers to ensure fiscal reporting, invoicing, and the documentation of transactions for all agency business and meets appropriate timelines for reporting to funders, managers and the board.
- Ensures all requests for reimbursements are completed in a timely manner for all grants and contracts and assures tracking of such revenue according to accrual-based revenue tracking.
- Prepares budget revisions for assigned accounts/projects with the CFO and the program managers as needed and monitors the need for such revisions as per agency and funding requirements.
- Ensures the closeout of all assigned projects according to meet grant, contract, Board, and federal reporting requirements.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Bachelor Degree in Accounting, Healthcare Administration, Business or related field required.
· Understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and nonprofit accounting standards.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, including but not limited to Excel, Word, Outlook and MIP/Abila software.
· Understanding of accounting software and reporting skills required.
· Ability to work well with individuals of diverse socioeconomic, cultural, and intellectual backgrounds.
· Previous experience working in a hospital, clinic or physician’s office preferred.
· Bi-lingual preferred.
This position supervises the accounting team.