We are a qualifying employer for the Federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program. Learn more here.
- Looking for a job where you can really make a difference in people's lives?
- Passionate about helping people improve their health and quality of life?
- Seeking to help those in our communities who need you the most?
Front Desk Receptionist
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Answer incoming calls, answering and transferring phone calls as required.
2. Schedule new and follow-up appointments.
3. Greet and check in patients in a courteous and friendly manner, verify and update necessary information in the medical record.
4. Collect co-pay and/or payment at time of service as required.
5. Establish agreed upon payment plans that meet policy requirements.
6. Maintain knowledge or experience in billing and insurance principles.
7. Prepare for patient visit, checking vitals, patient histories, rooming & discharging patients as necessary.
8. Assist Billing staff as requested with patient files.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or Equivalent required.
- Basic computer and data entry skills required.
- Ability to handle cash and to count money at high volumes including mathematical computations.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Able to exhibit a high level of confidentiality.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Proactive and independent with the ability to take initiative.
- Knowledge of basic medical terminology and insurance billing preferred.
- Previous experience working in a hospital, clinic or physician’s office preferred.
- Knowledge of Patient Centered Medical Home & Meaningful Use.