Education and Outreach Coordinator
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Build community relationships for the purpose of generating referrals and promoting connections for CAP services.
- Complete monthly outreach contract monitoring reports.
- Manages the day-to-day outreach to targeted populations, presentations to collaborating agencies, and participation in community health events.
- Develop collaborative relationships with private health services delivery community to establish supportive referral arrangements.
- Partner with community social support agencies and provide information to patients and their families.
- Communicate with clinical providers regarding patient care and to promote family planning health education services.
- Document education and outreach activities and create reports as required.
- Assist in the development and distribution of outreach materials to targeted community members.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor Degree in Healthcare Administration, Social Work or related field preferred.
- Demonstrated record of HIPAA compliance.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Ability to work well with individuals of diverse socioeconomic, cultural, and intellectual backgrounds.
- 2 years of experience in the social service field.
- Previous experience working in a hospital, clinic or physician’s office preferred.
- Bi-lingual preferred.