Chief Financial Officer
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Interact with management staff in developing the strategic plan and its financial component.
2. Oversee and directs budgeting, audit, tax, accounting, purchasing, long-range forecasting, and insurance activities for the Agency.
3. Evaluate the Agency’s financial position and issues periodic reports on Agency’s financial stability, liquidity, and growth.
4. Develop and implements financial polices and procedures and ensures compliance.
5. Assure implantation of internal controls and generally accepted accounting procedures accounting.
6. Supervise the analysis of cost and makes rate recommendations to ensure appropriate income/cash flow.
7. Assist in the preparation of the annual budget as well as individual grant budgets and reports. Ensure expenditures adhere to legal and budgetary requirements.
8. Oversee and directs the preparation and issuance of the Agency’s annual tax and other reports.
9. Prepare financial and statistical reports required by the CEO, Board of Directors, Senior Management Team, and State/Federal regulations and program requirements.
10. Ensure all insurance coverages’ including directors and officers, malpractice, general property, etc. are in place every year.
11. Coordinate with other departments planning for short- and long-range fiscal needs and insures that expenditures adhere to legal and budgetary requirements.
12. Oversee the recruitment, supervision, training, and evaluation of the Finance department staff.
13. Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor Degree in Healthcare Administration, Business or equivalent work experience required.
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance preferred.
• Understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and nonprofit accounting standards.
• Skill in exercising a high degree of initiative, judgment, discretion, and decision-making to achieve objectives.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, including but not limited to Excel, Word, Outlook and MIP/Abila software.
• Ability to work well with individuals of diverse socioeconomic, cultural, and intellectual backgrounds.
• Current CPA licensure.
• Previous experience working in a hospital, clinic or physician’s office preferred.
• Experience with electronic health records, claims, claims processing software, automated and billing systems.
• Ability to effectively present information one-on-one and in small groups to employees and the public.
• Bi-lingual preferred.
This position supervises the Accounting, Billing, and Purchasing departments.