ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for entering daily deposit into Accounting system.
- Organize and coordinate the centralized accounting and financial reports for agency’s grant portfolio
- Prepare invoices for the agency’s grant portfolio.
- Processes and posts agency payroll accurately and timely.
- Creates general ledger entries as appropriate to ensure proper record keeping. Ensures that necessary documentation is obtained and scanned to appropriate drives for audit purposes.
- Organize and maintain documentation for auditing purposes.
- Participates in annual and funder specific audit by providing supporting documentation as assigned.
- Cross trains for selected areas to provide coverage and back up.
- Participates in month end and year end procedures as appropriate.
- Creates payroll and other state and federal reports as requested in timely and accurate manner.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s degree in business, accounting or related field with three years experience in accounting required or
- Bachelor Degree in business, accounting or related field.
- Understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and nonprofit accounting standards.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, including but not limited to Excel, word, outlook, and Abila/MIP or related software.
- Ability to work well with individuals of diverse socioeconomic, cultural, and intellectual backgrounds.
- Previous experience working in a hospital, clinic or physician’s office preferred.
- Previous experience with grant accounting and payroll preferred.
- Bi-lingual preferred.