What we’re about:
The Good Neighbor Community Health Center, is a separate non-profit organization with its own governing board that is housed within and shares key management staff with the East-Central District Health Department.
GNCHC is a federally qualified community health center (FQHC). FQHC is a federal designation given by the Bureau of Primary Health Care at the federal Department of Health and Human Services. FQHCs are either located in, or serve, a federally designated medically underserved area/population. All FQHCs must operate under a consumer Board of Directors governance structure, and provide comprehensive primary health care, dental, and mental health/substance abuse services to persons in all stages of the life cycle. The Federally Supported Health Centers Assistance Act of 1992 and 1995 granted medical malpractice liability protection through the Federal Tort Claims Act (FTCA) to HRSA-supported health centers. Good Neighbor Community Health Center is an FTCA Deemed Agency.
The mission of the Good Neighbor Community Health Center is to work in collaboration with established community service organizations to increase access to primary preventative health care in order to improve the health of the underserved and vulnerable population.
The Good Neighbor Community Health Center (GNCHC) in collaboration with federal, state and community partners provides affordable, comprehensive, accessible, culturally respectful, appropriate, cost-effective, quality primary medical health care, dental services and behavioral health services with special attention to the underserved.
- If you have health insurance but no medical provider - We can help.
- If you have inadequate health insurance with a high deductible - We can help.
- If you are covered by Medicaid or Medicare - We can help.
- If you have no health insurance and cannot afford the cost of medical care - We can help.
In addition to our core services, we provide a broad array of social services to meet the needs of individuals and families to include transportation and pharmacy support.
We have a very comprehensive quality assurance program and focus on quality initiatives to improve the life of all of our patients with special programs targeted at pre-natal care, diabetes, hypertension and other common chronic illnesses.
Cost of Services:
- Services are for anyone regardless of age or income level, in addition services are available in English or Spanish. Interpretation for other languages is also available.
- Services are provided on a sliding-fee scale according to your household income.
- No one will be denied services at our clinics based on an inability to pay.
- The base charge for a medical exam at our lowest income level is $35.00.
- The sliding fee scale is based on the Federal Poverty Guidelines.
- We accept cash, check, Visa, MasterCard, or Discover, as well as most forms of insurance to include Medicare and Medicaid.
The Good Neighbor Community Health Center is a federally funded grant program under the Public Health Service Act to provide quality primary and preventive health care services to anyone. The Federal Government funds less than 30% of the GNCHC budget.
The remainder of the Good Neighbor Community Health Center budget is funded from non-government sources, primarily fees for services and donations.
To contact Good Neighbor Community Health Center for more information about our services or to make an appointment for our services call:
402-562-7500 or Toll Free: 1-866-466-9339
To look for other Community Health Centers: www.bphc.hrsa.gov