What we’re about
We provide immunization for children and adults according to the Vaccine For Children-VFC program which is approved by the Center for Disease Control and the State of Nebraska Immunization program. The ECDHD Immunization Program accepts Medicaid as well as Blue Cross Blue Shield, Midlands Choice, Cigna and Aetna Insurance. We have Immunization clinics in Columbus and Schuyler.
- Childhood immunizations- Vaccines for Children (VFC)
- Adult Immunizations
- Provide printed copies of your child's immunization record as available
- Immunizations recorded in Nebraska State Immunization Information System (NESIIS)
- Inform your child's doctor of their updated vaccination record
- Provide information on vaccine for children
- Travel Vaccines- Fee for service
Cost of services
- Contact the Immunization Department for fee schedule.
- Vaccines for adults vary in price depending on specific vaccine. Call for details.
- If your child is not covered by Medicaid or Insurance, or if you child is underinsured, your child may qualify for Vaccine For Children Program (VFC) A donation of $19.50 is suggested for each vaccine for children up to 18 years of age.
For more information on the Immunization Program or to make an appointment call 402-562-7500.
Columbus Hours of Immunization Clinic
Address: 4321 41st Avenue
- Tuesdays: 1-7pm
- 1st and 3rd Wednesdays: 1-5pm
- 2nd & 4th Wednesday: 8-12pm
- Thursdays: 1-5pm
Schuyler Hours of Immunization Clinic
Address: 316 East 11th Street
- 1st and 3rd Wednesday 8-12pm
- 2nd and 4th Wednesday 1-5pm
Flu Vaccine Availability
CDC continues to recommend flu vaccination as the first line of defense against the flu. While some individual providers may be running low on flu vaccine at this point in the season, flu vaccine is available from a variety of providers throughout the country. Call your doctor, or use the flu vaccine finder to find where vaccine is available in your community.
Flu vaccine is available, but providers may not be able to get every brand and/or presentation, and they may have to purchase from a different source. Providers interested in purchasing vaccine should check the influenza vaccine tracking availability system (IVATS) available at: https://www.izsummitpartners.org/ivats/.