What we’re about:
The Environmental health program at ECDHD strives to keep the public aware of how to protect their health from environmental factors. ECDHD educates the public about indoor air quality, mold and mildew, childhood lead poisoning prevention, radon risk awareness, water quality, proper disposal of medicines, information on proper mercury disposal, indoor environmental asthma triggers and food safety education. If staff is not able to address your concerns, we help direct you to the local, state or governmental level appropriate for those concerns.
- Radon Risk Awareness and Reduction education
- Short-term radon test kits may be available for a fee.
- Educational information on indoor air quality issues including mold and moisture
- Testing of private well water for nitrates (non-certifiable)
- Hand washing educational material such as Glo-Germ (appropriate for all ages) and Scrubby Bear (preschool and elementary school ages) for a two week period check-out at no cost
Cost of services:
Short term radon test kits are free of charge.
For more information on the Environmental Health program call 402-563-9656.
Email: Environmental Health Program Coordinator