What we’re about:
The Cancer Prevention Programs main focus is to bring awareness to colorectal cancer, breast cancer, and cervical cancer in Platte, Colfax, Boone, and Nance counties.
We promote prevention and screening for these types of cancer. Also, we partner with Good Neighbor Community Health Center to provide reduced cost screenings for both breast and cervical cancer to those who qualify. Cancer can be better treated and beat if found at earlier stages, that is why screening is so important!
Another focus of the Cancer Prevention Program is integrative prevention which centers on uncontrolled hypertension (high blood pressure) management, diabetes prevention, and ending tobacco use. We are currently working on setting up Lunch and Learns Events and classes to educate those who are at risk or wanting to make lifestyle changes to better their health.
- Free Fecal Occult Blood Test kit (FOBT) – Colon Cancer Screening
- Every Woman Matters Program – Reduced cost or free Cervical and Breast Cancer screening program
- Reduced cost Mammograms for those who qualify – Provided by Susan G. Komen grant funding
- Reduced cost Pap Smears for those who qualify
- Health Coaching – Free lifestyle change coaching to better health
- Participation in Community events
- Presentations, posters, brochures, and handouts are available for educating the public.