The East Central District Health Department (ECDHD) is a state approved district health department that provides public health services to its four county service area of Platte, Colfax, Boone, and Nance Counties in Nebraska. The ECDHD started out in 1999 as the Platte-Colfax County District Health Department and at that time only served Platte and Colfax Counties.
In December of 2002, ECDHD applied for a Community Health Center grant and was awarded Community Health Center status in April of 2003. Good Neighbor Community Health Center was formed and is considered a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) in Nebraska. In 2015, a second site operating as Good Neighbor Fremont which provides a new access point for three more rural counties including Dodge, Saunders and Washington County, in Fremont Nebraska.
Federally Qualified Health Centers are an integral part of the nation’s health delivery system, providing cost effective, community oriented, and comprehensive primary health care services. Offering payment options on a sliding scale for patients who would be otherwise unable to afford health care, a Federally Qualified Health Center serves medically underserved areas and/or populations.
The Mission of the East Central District Health Department is to complement community health services in order to make a positive difference in the quality of life to all individuals and families.
The Mission of the Good Neighbor Community Health Center is to work in collaboration with the community to increase access to primary preventative health care in order to improve the health of the community, and especially of the underserved and vulnerable populations.
To improve the health and well-being of our community.
- ECDHD-GNCHC has one service site located in Columbus at 4321 41st Avenue, that provides public health services and community health center services.
- Good Neighbor Fremont Clinic is located in Fremont Nebraska, 2740 N. Clarkson St.
Our Services are for Everyone
You don’t have to have special circumstances such as low income to receive many of our services. Everyone benefits from public health services that keep our community free from disease. No one will be denied services at our clinics based on an inability to pay.
ECDHD Board of Health
- Wendy Ramaekers, President
- Mary Staub, Vice President
- Miguel Godoy, Treasurer
- Connie Peters, Secretary
- Dr. Dana Bailey, Director
- Dr. Robert Miller, Director
- Ralph Horacek, Nance County Official
- Tom Martens, Platte County Official
- Alan Rasmussen, Boone County Official
- Jeffrey Bauman, Colfax County Official
GNCHC Board of Directors
- Miguel Godoy, Chairman
- Connie Peters, Vice Chairman
- Treasurer, Vacant
- Ed Wemhoff, Secretary
- Maria Gonzalez, Director
- Teofila Janet Roman, Director
- Toribio Chavarria, Director
- Peter Kibalya, Director
- Noemi Arcos, Director
- Terra Uhing, Director